A woman that complained of lacking energy and feeling drained requested a reading from Edgar Cayce.
Cayce immediately targeted improper elimination, and the effect that it has upon the functioning organs throughout the system… “abnormal conditions as we find in this body that need to be corrected for the betterment of the physical forces within this body have to do with the elimination.”
Here he talks about toxicity and high blood pressure: “Through the blood supply of the system we find the body very good, so far as the quantity is concerned. The effect as produced by the over-quantity gives off the higher blood pressure of the body than of the normal…”
Here we see how overburdening the kidneys through improper elimination can have an effect throughout the body: “The heavy, tired, feeling, at times, across and below the diaphragm, being the reflex action to these conditions. Just as the acidity to the digestive force, with the overburden given the kidneys in their functioning, and the secretions are thrown off in this acid state in the system through the channels of elimination, or in the bladder itself.”
Cayce went on to describe what is now called De-Tense™ Herbal Tonic. This formula contains a select blend and ration of herbs chosen for their cleansing and clarifying properties. Historically, these herbs have been used to purify, detoxify and stimulate the body’s eliminations and digestive functions. This restorative tonic targets the body’s eliminations through the kidneys and digestive tract creating a balancing effect to the circulatory system.
This combination of Sarsaparilla root, Wild Cherry bark, Burdock root, Buchu leaves, Mandrake root, Tolu Balsam and Grain Alcohol works to support healthy eliminations and system detoxification.
Edgar Cayce’s De-Tense™ Reading
1. EC: Yes, we have the body here. Now, the abnormal conditions as we find in this body that need to be corrected for the betterment of the physical forces within this body have to do with the elimination, and the effect that it – the improper elimination – has produced on, or with, the functioning of other organs throughout the system. We have rather that of a functional condition than an organic condition, though the organs are involved in the condition, but is a reflex rather than a specific cause of the condition.
2. Now, these are the conditions as we find in body.
3. Through the blood supply of the system we find the body very good, so far as the quantity is concerned. The effect as produced by the over-quantity gives off the higher blood pressure of the body than of the normal, so instead of the body being the subnormal, we have rather that of supernormal conditions in the body. The number in the red blood cells are very good. The action of coagulation, as produced by the leucocyte, or white blood forces, shows the effect the drain has been on the system from time to time.
4. The nerve forces in the body in the seat of the reasoning forces, we find, the vibrations from this are above the normal; that is the mental forces in their developments. See. Through the functioning of the nerve centers, we find, with the overtaxed condition that comes to the body, at times, reached through the sensory organism, yet the body remains in the normal force, with reflexes of this condition, and gives off only to those of the better forces, see. The effect of this is in the attempt of the nerve forces to create the coagulation, and to counterbalance the effect in certain organs of the body, in their functioning, and the nerve force has been that which acts as a preventative of the inroads – not making the conditions organic – but are peculiarly functional only.
5. As to the functioning of the organs themselves, we find, most of these are very good. That we find through the clarification and through the digestive force.
6. Through the digestive tract, we find about the Peyer’s glands, the effect as absorbed to the system, the toxins that produce the most of the trouble through the system – high hepatic circulation – the effect being to the liver and to the kidneys in their functioning, and returns to the system those elements that cause the trouble to both extremities, and to other portions of the body throughout.
7. The heavy, tired, feeling, at times, across and below the diaphragm, being the reflex action to these conditions. Just as the acidity to the digestive force, with the overburden given the kidneys in their functioning, and the secretions are thrown off in this acid state in the system through the channels of elimination, or in the bladder itself.
8. The reflexes of the poison to the liver have been to prevent the full secretions being thrown out from this organ so as to cause elimination through the system, and the respiratory system, at times, shows the reaction of this in the body, else with the mind forces being overburdened, as it were, to the functioning of the organs, the body would be sicker than it is. [End]
Historical uses of these herbs:
Sarsaparilla Root: Sarsaparilla was used as a blood purifier, to balance the glandular system and improve digestion.
Wild Cherry Bark: Highly regarded as an aid to digestion. Supports cleansing and building of blood.
Burdock Root: Acts as a digestive stimulant for stomach, intestines, pancreas and liver.
Mandrake Root: Small amounts have been used as a laxative and a stimulant to the liver.
Buchu Leaves: Stimulant and cleanser for urinary system and pelvic organs.
Balsam of Tolu: Was described as a blood clarifier and systemic cleanser. It is thought to work mainly with the mucous membranes in the respiratory tract.
There was no follow-up reading but luckily, today, we can research this product for ourselves.
De-Tense Herbal Tonic
Call to place an order: 1-800-269-2502 USA
Call Customer Support: 610-873-4591
[Mon -Fri: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST]