Men’s and women’s health are subjects of great interest today with numerous magazines, newsletters, and editorial columns dedicated to the subjects. Such was also the case during the years that Edgar Cayce was giving readings. There are hundreds of readings addressing topics such as menopause, prostate problems, pelvic adhesions, and breast cancer, not to mention baldness (experienced by men and women), sexual concerns, aging skin, and more. The Cayce readings are a rich resource for such topics, and it is important to know the many ways you can access the information you need.
Let’s Ask the Readings About Men’s and Women’s Health
What might you find if you were to “ask” the readings about a male or female ailment? Let’s take a brief look at two common concerns: prostatitis and menopause.
Prostatitis: The Cayce Regimen
If you are experiencing symptomatic problems with your prostate, a visit to your physician should be your first and foremost course of action. Second, you can follow Cayce’s holistic advice as outlined below:
- Eat a diet that is rich in green vegetables and fruits and low in fats, red meats, sugars, and alcohol.
- Get osteopathic adjustments to align the spine for better flow of energy and nerve impulses.
- Get full–body massages, preceded by a steam, Epsom salts bath, or colonic. Have your massage therapist focus on the lower back.
- Apply heat locally to the prostate gland—lower back and pubic area.
- Apply packs to same area, such as Alkacare, Glyco-Thymoline, or Epsom salts packs.
Menopause: The Cayce Regimen
If you are experiencing the varying symptoms of menopause, there are several suggestions from the readings that can help you feel better and more balanced.
- Follow the basic alkaline-reacting diet, avoiding fried foods, fats, white flour, and sugar. Protein should come primarily from fish, fowl, and lamb. Eat an abundance of cooked vegetables and fruit.
- Be sure to keep your eliminations healthy through diet, hydrotherapy, and exercise.
- Don’t overlook the importance of rest and relaxation. They can contribute greatly to your physical and emotional sense of well–being.
- Get regular osteopathic adjustments.
- Atomic Iodine, taken orally in cycles, was an important therapy because of its positive impact on the glandular system.
- Administer a douche of Alkacare or Glyco-Thymoline once a week (one teaspoon of Glyco to a quart of water) for several months.
- Keep a positive attitude. Meditate. Be kind and helpful. You will feel better!
Here’s to men’s and women’s health, the Cayce way!